It seems that the cyber war in Ukraine has quite serious consequences, extremely many DDoS attacks have been reported lately, say experts in the field.
If we were to compare this quarter with the first in 2021, we will see that the number of DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks has increased alarmingly.
Most attacks target banks, as well as state resources, such as official websites, in order to hinder their optimal functioning.
For example, in the first part of this year, the attacks increased by 46%, ie 4.5 times more than last year, in the same period.
Moreover, they seem to have been reinvented so as to give additional headaches to cybersecurity specialists.
By far, the most significant of the attacks occurred on March 29, when, for 177 hours, a record in this regard, the servers of certain entities were attacked.
What you need to do to stay protected from attacks: the advice of Kaspersky experts
To stay safe, you need to follow some tips, as follows:
- Keep your web resource operations secure by appointing specialists who understand how to respond to DDoS attacks.
- Validates agreements with third parties and contact information, including those with internet service providers. This helps teams quickly access agreements in the event of an attack.
- Implement professional solutions to protect your organization against DDoS attacks.
- Monitors data traffic. Use network and application monitoring tools to identify traffic trends. By understanding the typical patterns and characteristics of your business, you can establish a baseline to make it easier to identify unusual activities that could be signs of a DDoS attack.
- Outline a restrictive Plan B approach to these attacks, ready to implement at any time, so that you can quickly restore essential business services in the face of a DDoS attack.